Finance & Treasurer
The Division of Finance is responsible for certain centralized finance functions of the University, including the following programs:
- Comptroller's Office: financial accounting, reporting, corporate tax and compliance, and disbursement activities
- Finance & Treasury: Banking relationships, incoming payments, capital management, and financial analysis
- Financial Systems and Training: information technology support and training programs in financial processes, procedures, and systems
- Global Support Services: support for administrative and business functions of Penn’s global activity
- Gift & Investment Services: Gift processing, investment accounting, and trust administration
- Office of Research Services: grant and contract proposals, negotiations, and management
- Office of Risk Management & Insurance: insurance coverage, claims, and loss prevention
- Student Registration and Financial Services: student financial aid, financial wellness programming, billing and collections, and enrollment
For more information on Finance & Treasurer, click here.
Interim Vice President for Finance & Treasurer Russell Di Leo
Russell Di Leo is the Interim Vice President for Finance & Treasurer at the University of Pennsylvania. He leads a service-oriented, complex Division with a wide spectrum of departments that are essential to Penn’s financial and operational management, ensuring financial resources are expertly stewarded, financial policies are clear and consistently applied, and efficient and effective functions add value and support to the academic enterprise. He also collaborates closely with Penn Medicine leadership on its growth and financial planning.
Russell also currently serves as University Comptroller, where he oversees the financial reporting, general accounting, corporate tax, payroll, and disbursements functions for the University. He joined Penn in 2000 and has worked in increasingly senior financial reporting and accounting roles since then. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University-Camden.