Finance & Treasurer
The Division of Finance is responsible for certain centralized finance functions of the University, including the following programs:
- Comptroller's Office: financial accounting, reporting, corporate tax and compliance, and disbursement activities
- Financial Systems and Training: information technology support and training programs in financial processes, procedures, and systems
- Global Support Services: support for administrative and business functions of Penn’s global activity
- Office of Research Services: grant and contract proposals, negotiations, and management
- Office of Risk Management & Insurance: insurance coverage, claims, and loss prevention
- Student Registration and Financial Services: student financial aid, financial wellness programming, billing and collections, and enrollment
- Treasurer's Office: cash and liability management, gifts accounting and administration, and investment services, including trust administration
For more information on Finance & Treasurer, click here.
Vice President of Finance and Treasurer MaryFrances McCourt
MaryFrances McCourt is Vice President for Finance and Treasurer at the University of Pennsylvania. In her role, McCourt leads Penn’s cash and short-term investment and capital financing strategies as well as oversees Penn’s financial functions. McCourt is responsible for the University’s multi-year financial planning efforts and collaborates closely with Penn Medicine leadership on its growth and financial planning.
Prior to joining Penn, McCourt was the senior vice president and chief financial officer at Indiana University. McCourt has also served in financial-management positions for Agilysis, Inc., a diversified enterprise focused on technology and enterprise system solutions.
She earned her bachelor’s degree magna cum laude from Duke University and an MBA from Case Western University.